Saturday 9 November 2013

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff


The title of this post is something that I try to do (or not to do lol).  I always have tried to look on the bright side (the song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life" could have been written for me hehe) & appreciate what I have (I think having lost my precious Mum just before I got married has made me treasure my family & friends & try to enjoy every day as you never know what is around the corner). I tell my family all the time how much I love them.  I was told some devastating news by an old friend (she was my best friend in my teens & though we are not so close now she is very dear to me) that she has bowel cancer (she is only 49) & she is distraught as you can imagine, especially because she lives alone & has no children.  This has made me re-evaluate everything again - biking to work in the rain I felt so blessed, instead of being cheesed off lol.

So now you know how I'm feeling lol I'll tell you about my latest creation which is a card for my wonderful DIL Zoe who's birthday was yesterday.  I used DCWV papers & distressed the edges, the image, which looks just like her :D is from DigiStamp Boutique & coloured with ProMarkers.  I finished the card with some a flower (with glittered petals, though it's hard to see in the photo), button, ribbon, gems & a greeting.

I'd like to enter these challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge - Gems Gems Gems
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Pattie's Creations - Birthdays
Totally Papercrafts - Use Glitter
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments - Feminine
Divas by Design - Use a Digi
Penny's - Lots of Layers
Paper Makeup - Lots of Layers
Lexi's Creations - Birthday Celebrations
Bearly Mine - Anything Goes
I Love ProMarkers - All That Glitters


Crafting & all my crafty blogging friends make me happy too :o)  I hope you're having a wonderful weekend & doing something that makes you happy ;o) xxx

12 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Very pretty card great BP and image. Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Tracey - this is a really pretty card ... I love the gorgeous image and your beautiful DPs. Thanks for sharing your card at Lexi's Creations this time.
Helen x (DT)

Basslady said...

such a lovely card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

Anonymous said...

A very sweet, pretty card...thanks for joining us at A Gem Of A Challenge!
Helen x

nwilliams6 said...

What a cutie! Darling card. I appreciated reading your post. Sad news about your friend. Cherishing every moment is the best advice anyone can give others and themselves! Thanks for sharing this with us at Pattie's Creations. Nancy - DT

Lola said...

Such words of wisdom. After reading your words, I too want to express my love for those around me. To make it known and not just assume they know. I hope your friend heals or is at least at peace. And of course, what a lovely card!

Mirella said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for playing along with us a Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Bo said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge! Hugs, Bo

Penny said...

Your DIL must have loved this card! It is just darling! Love the design, the layers and the pretty DP! Great color palette, adorable image, wonderful coloring, & love the distressing & die cuts, too! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Sandra said...

I'm so sorry about your friend Tracey. Horrid news for anyone but to be on your own thru it doesn't bare thought.

Lovely card.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Aud Sentiments.
xxx

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Beautiful Tracey. Thank you for taking part in the DigiStamp Boutique monthly comp...Sally-Ann :o)

(sorry to read about your friend's news)